Thursday, August 13, 2020

A Repurposed Curtain Rod

 I had been hanging on to this quite outdated gold rod from the '80s.  It was hard for me to replace it as it was an expensive purchase and one of those things that I just couldn't bring myself to let go of. The rod just didn't fit with my decor and my draperies.  Chalk painting was the way to save the rod and give it an updated look.  It was such a simple project that it only took me about a half-hour to do both rods and rings.  I used Dixie Belle (you can tell I use that frequently as I love the way the paint just glides on), The color was Putty with nothing else.  I only gave it one coat, as I liked some of the color from the original rod peeping through.  When it was dry, I gave it a quick coat of my stand-by Dixie Belle Gator Hide to seal it.  This was about a 3-hour project and what a difference it made to the room.  Below you will see the before and after.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!