Wednesday, August 19, 2020

THE BAD NEWS IS "TIME FLIES"

Lately, I have had to stop and remember to time block for myself and work toward finding a happy balance between work, family, and friends.  I have found that planning helps me map out how to plan and prioritize my time between my busy real estate career and myself.  I have been trying a new plan..At the beginning of each week, I add to my planner a date night with my husband and some alone time for me.  I am one of those people who loves to work, but I also do my best work when my house is in order.  How can you be a success in business if your home life is in shambles?  Jonathan Huie said there should be time for everything: "A time to relax and a time to be busy, a time to frolic and a time to labor, a time to receive and a time to give, a time to begin and a time to finish."  That "time to finish" is sometimes difficult for me.

I have started reading THE MIRACLE MORNING  by Hal Elrod.  The basis of the book is how you set yourself up in the morning determines the rest of your day.  As a realtor, you could work 24 hours a day: however, I am learning to set work hours for myself and do my very best to keep them. I would never dream of calling a customer at 9 o'clock on a Sunday evening with a problem that will keep them up all night when there is no way it could be addressed until Monday morning.  I don't make calls before 9 A.M. or after 8 P.M.  If you set your boundaries, others will respect them.  Don't you think that sentence applies to most things in life?  Don't just spend time, invest in it wisely, and give yourself permission to enjoy life and a little binge-watching TV never hurt anyone.

“I had once heard the quote, ‘The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.’  And I always think about this when I get busy or overwhelmed.  It is empowering that I am the only one in my life that is in charge of my time and how I invest it.” — Sara Rose Kennedy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!