Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Embrace Your Silver Locks

 Letting your natural hair shine thru is not a sign of letting yourself go, it is a sign of embracing who you are.  Say it with me "Gray Hair is Beautiful," whether you prefer it in a short bob or longer locks, or accessorizing with bold glasses, let those silver locks shine through.   

Going gray gracefully can be difficult as others shout their opinion to you.  Why are women made to feel old with gray hair while men are called silver foxes?  But you know what? whether you are 30 years old or 80 years young, nothing is more beautiful than a woman with confidence.  I call my silver locks wisdom-highlights, unlike the high expense of highlights in a salon, they are low maintenance.  You will never have to get them touched up and the more you have, the wiser you are.

Proverbs 16:31 says "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life."  Your gray hair is a trophy to what you have accomplished and while you may never have received accolades on such things as raising a family,  dedicating yourself to a career, having grandchildren, and being blessed to see great-grandchildren come into the world, or added a new career in retirement, your silver hair is now a crown for all you have done. You know never to judge a book by its cover, so don't judge or ever underestimate that woman with silver hair.  Every one of those beautiful hairs tells a story of who she is and what life experiences she has faced with dignity and courage.  

I ditched the dye, uncovered a new me, a more authentic me.  I like looking in the mirror at that woman looking back at me reminding me I am pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!