Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Taking The First Step

The loftiest goal that I ever set for myself was at 75 years young, I decided to become a Real Estate Agent.  Once I set that goal, there was never a moment when I looked back.  I started with a realistic goal of attending school three days a week instead of taking the entire month's class in one week.  It was best for me to breakdown this goal in smaller more achievable tasks.   I knew that statistically, the odds were not in my favor as the State Real Estate Exam is one of the hardest to pass as it is ranked right up there at the top.  I also knew if I didn't try, I would never forgive myself.  For me, it would have been better to fail rather than never to have tried.  That was how I raised my sons so why would my thinking be any different.   I passed my class test with the highest grade in the class but I failed my state test twice; however, I never gave up or made excuses for my shortcomings.  I knew where my weaknesses were and sought help from a wonderful tutor who advised me.  Her name was Michele Early, and she now owns her own Real Estate Scool called THE MAGNOLIA SCHOOL OF REAL ESTATE.  When I finally passed that test it gave me a new perspective on everything.  You might say I thought of myself as "Unstoppable". Today I am an excellent Realtor who puts her customers first, and I am more concerned about building relationships than writing contracts.

The best feeling in the world is knowing you took a step in the right direction.  A step toward the future where everything that you thought to be impossible is possible.  Even the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.  Tiptoe if you must, but take the step.  There will always be obstacles along the road but I have never lost heart and that is how I have become known as an  "Agent with Heart".

1 comment:

  1. ATTAGIRL! Distractions present in a lot of forms. They are numerous and, sometimes, very cunning. Sometimes our distractions appear in the form of fear (the fear of failure.) Sometimes they present in the form of excuses, laziness, lack of motivation, friends, tv, couches - you name it...When your goals are more important than your distractions, you manage to find ways to avoid the distractions. When you’re unable to avoid your distractions - when they become more important than the goal, then you’ve gotta change your goals. There are 2 types of pain in this world - the pain of commitment and the pain of regret. One weighs in ounces and the other in tons! ATTAGIRL - no regrets! I’m mighty proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!