Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Upcycled Chairs Project

When we still lived in North Carolina I found these adorable chairs at the Tobacco Barn in Asheville, but they needed a bit of updating. The original wood on these chairs was a dark brown, maybe mahogany, but it didn't go with my decor. The original fabric was green, orange, and brown... ick! Despite all that, I could still see the potential beauty in these chairs. New fabric and Annie Sloan chalk paint to the rescue!!


As with any project, you need to clean them with mineral spirits to get any old dirt, residue, and grease off the existing surface. That is the only preparation you need when chalk painting. You don't need to strip any of the existing paint or finish off. I used Annie Sloan sage green chalk paint, finished with dark wax.

1 comment:

  1. great workmanship...you made it better then ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!