Sunday, June 7, 2020

Lessons Learned in Quarantine

WHAT ARE THE LESSONS YOU LEARNED FROM QUARANTINE?

On April 16th, early into the quarantine, I did a post on how different personalities handle things differently. If anyone would like to read it, I will be happy to share it.

In short, I am an extrovert and love to share energy with others more than anything else in this world. My study between the two personalities found that extroverts will find ways to share energy at all costs thus my daily blogs on being a positive person.

During this quarantine, I have been able to accomplish more than I ever thought possible. First and foremost, I was reminded of my strength as I saw an opportunity to see the "CAN" in cancer and that strength has carried me through my treatment and cancer-free today. I also realized what a healthy relationship I have with myself. I certainly appreciate the little things in life, I have kept a productive workday connecting with my past and present customers. I make certain to give myself breaks every couple of hours to do something I love and I quit at the same time each day. I appreciate the value of a routine and realized I can work from home and not be distracted.

All this being said perhaps I am not quite the extrovert I once thought I was. I have found that I enjoy the confinement of staying home to work on my projects, blog, cook, read more, and stay physically active. Being home with my husband has worked as we have respected one another's space. Sam has also realized that he is enjoying his alone time and he; likewise, is not as convinced that he is the extrovert he once thought. All in all, I have learned that I think I am a recovering type A + workaholic overachiever. Like many of you, I have learned to just "BE" and you know what? I have discovered my new normal and I like it and I like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!