Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Sun Always Comes Up

After the dark always comes a new day. That was so clear this morning when I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise. There are times we forget to see the beauty of a new day while we are still thinking about yesterday. Yesterday? Today? Tomorrow? which day are you still working on? Are you so busy catching up on yesterday's work that you don't see your brand new day, or are you so interested in what the future is going to look like, that you forget today? Today is the only day you have, tomorrow is not promised to any of us but that doesn't mean that we can't live in today making good choices that will lead to a meaningful path to our future. 

There are some things that will help you live in the moment. Pay attention to small things that put joy in your day. Smile more as it can always influence how you feel. Random acts of kindness help you live in the moment by making others smile. One of the easiest things about living in the moment is to do something for someone else expecting nothing in return. Live in the moment by being thankful and expressing your gratitude. 

On Friday, I thanked my radiation technicians for helping me on my path to wellness and they in turn made my day saying "Miss Helen, we are going to miss your cheerful smile and positive attitude." There was a moment that I had an opportunity to show gratitude and it came right back to me, of course making me day happy as well. Living in the pandemic and having cancer at the same time has, in many ways been a blessing that I am truly thankful for. I have learned so much about living in the now and looking for that beautiful new sunrise each and every day. I have learned that spending time focused on what may happen down the road will rob me of what is happening now. Learn to live in the moment, it moves quickly...don't miss it. Have a Blessed and Beautiful Sunday and God Bless.

~ Helen Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!