Monday, June 22, 2020

You Don't Have To Wait For The Perfect Time

"Do Not Wait," because the perfect time will never come along.   There will never be a perfect time to start, so why not today, right now, this very minute where you stand.  There is only one thing standing between you and you're becoming your best self and that one thing is "YOU."   No more time for excuses like I need more money, more time, more experience, more research, and the cycle continues with every trip around the sun as you continue to fill your head with empty excuses.  Many people live their entire life looking out the window watching everyone else have all the fun.  Maybe we were told as a young person that a goal we had was ridiculous and unachievable.  In my case, I was an adult when someone told me I was too old to achieve what I had always aspired to be.  Shame on me, I was only forty-nine at the time, and looking back, I regret that I didn't listen to my own heart but foolishly let someone else's opinion influence me.  That caused me a lot of self-criticisms and doubt.  I am happy to say that I overcame that image of myself, I took the first step and while I was not able to achieve my perfect dream, I achieved much more for myself.  Step by step I became more confident, smarter, and more successful. It didn't matter to me if I failed, the important thing was I tried and I keep trying.

I take and still do, regardless of my age, every opportunity that comes along to grow and grow as I am on the path to living the best me.  It's not achieving the dream that's important but rather the journey you will take to continue reaching for whatever it might be that you are in search of.   When we look back on our lives, studies show the most common regrets are not the chances we took but the ones we didn't.  Today I search for the path that brings my heart the most happiness, I work as hard as I can toward it and ask God to guide my steps.  I once read, write your plans in pencil and give God the pen.

Live Well and Prosper
~Helen Ann  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless you are a no-reply blogger. Then I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!